Meatloaf, nothing fancy about it. I've made it plenty of times but it never turned out quite right. It was always too dry or too plain for my taste. I saw the recipe for this meatloaf on a website that I visit often. It sounded really good so I figured I would give it a try to see how it compared to my previous mediocre meatloaves. I knew I'd be busy tonight trying to do a hundred things to get ready to go on a weekend trip so I started this cooking in the crockpot this morning before I went to work. Well I'm so glad I gave this recipe a try. It was moist on the inside with a slightly chewy crust on the outside and the sauce was sweet and tangy. My husband said it was "wonderful!" which always makes me feel good. If you are looking for a good meatloaf recipe you should definitely give this one a second look. I served this with mashed potatoes and peas.
|2/3||cup fine dry breadcrumbs|
|2||tablespoons grated onions|
|1/2||teaspoon ground sage|
|1 1/2||lbs lean ground beef|
|2||tablespoons brown sugar|
|1||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
- Combine eggs with milk, bread crumbs,onion,salt,and sage,and meat.
- Mix well and shape into a 9x5 in.
- rectangle or oval.
- Carefully place into slowcooker pot.
- Cook on low for about 6-7 hrs.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meat loaf and cook on high for about 15 minutes.
Original Source: Nestie tbrp2005 (Trisha)
* I pretty much halved this recipe, except for the sauce, and it was the perfect amount for 2 people with just a little left over. I also didn't add sage because I didn't have any. I added a couple dashes of worcestershire sauce to the sauce as well.