Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dinner for One


When my husband isn't home for dinner I like to make foods that he normally won't eat. I had some leftover shredded chicken in the fridge and thought chicken salad might be good for dinner tonight. I was going to just have it on toasted wheat bread but then remembered I had some tortilla shells in the cabinet. So I made a wrap with lettuce and sliced tomato. It was very tasty and the best part is I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Chicken Salad

1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
1/4 cup lite mayo
1 1/2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped (I only use the whites)
1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately or chill before serving.

*Other ingredient ideas: chopped grapes, raisins, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, onion, apple

No comments: