Chelle’s Soft & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Source: Sugar & Spice)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Microwave butter for 30 seconds, stir and set aside. Do not worry if it is not completely melted.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beating just until combined (do NOT overmix!). Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate dough for 15-30 minutes.
6. Drop by rounded spoonful (I used a Pampered Chef cookie scoop that holds approximately 2 tablespoons) onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are just brown and middle is not quite set yet. Cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
7. Before adding more dough to warm cookie sheets, place sheet in freezer for 5-7 minutes to cool.
Store in an airtight container. Recipe yielded 3 1/2 dozen cookies.