Monday, August 6, 2007

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I like to bake on my days off so we'll have something to have for breakfast or snack during the week. Well the baking bug bit me tonight but I couldn't decide on what to make. My old standby is cookies because they are easy and there are 17, 458 different kinds you can make. But I didn't want cookies. As I stood there, hand on my hip, staring at the ingredients in my cabinets, I saw a half bag of chocolate chips. So I decided chocolate chip muffins would be good. Well you know I had to taste one after they were done to make sure they were good and they were! Very moist thanks to the alterations I made to the recipe.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup white and 2 Tbsp brown sugar)
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk (I used 1 cup)
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Original Source: Allrecipes

4 comments:

~Amber~ said...

Yummmmy, my husband would love these. He is a chocolate chip freak. They good great :)

Jessica said...

I just might have to try these tonight!

Elly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elly said...

These look SO yummy. I wish I hadn't already gained, like, 10 lbs. this month or else I would make them :P