Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had about half a can of pumpkin leftover in the fridge from when I made scones earlier in the week. Well I didn't want it to go to waste, so I had to come up with something to make with it. I thought about cookies or bread, but then settled on muffins. My family is coming for the weekend so I thought I'd bake the muffins to have for breakfast while they're here, along with some banana bread. So I skipped cooking dinner tonight and started baking. These muffins turned out so moist and delicious! I made a few changes to the recipe based on what I had on hand and they were still great.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves(omitted)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (omitted)
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*I added 1/4 tsp ground ginger and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
  2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
  3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Original Source: All Recipes

3 comments:

Jaime said...

so many pumpkin recipes to try... so little time! :) i've actually never had the pumpkin + chocolate combo and would be interested in trying these

~Amber~ said...

These look great Renea!! I can't wait to make something with pumpkin.

Ally said...

They look wonderful! I'll have to make these!