Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Cure for a Bad Week


This week has been just awful. I don't know if it's the full moon or what, but nothing has gone right this week. Work has been crazy; difficult customers, annoying co-workers and it's been insanely busy. To top it off, I burned my meatloaf tonight. Note to self: don't forget to put liquid in the crock pot next time. It's times like these a girl just needs some chocolate therapy. I didn't feel much like baking tonight after my meatloaf disaster, but I wanted some chocolate so I pulled out the mixer. I knew exactly what I wanted too; chocolate chocolate chip cookies. After I got busy in the kitchen, I sort of forgot about my bad week. And when I tasted these cookies, all was right with the world. Sometimes the secret to happiness is a little baking and chocolate.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Mix dry ingredients and stir into sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape into balls and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.

Adapted from this recipe.


3 comments:

Kayte said...

chocolate really does cure all! i;m sorry you had such a rough week. but your cookies look incredible!

Linda and Matthew said...

Chocolate is the best medicine! The cookies look tasty and I hope your weekend is better than your week!

Jaime said...

i love chocolate, and those cookies look great! :) sorry you're having a bad week. hope it gets better soon.