Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
(I made some alterations based on recipe reviews as well as what I had on hand.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I added about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (I added about 3/4 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I added 1/2 tsp)
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (I added 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (Omitted)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Original Source: All Recipes