I was checking out some of my favorite foodie blogs a few weeks ago and came across this recipe on Mary Ellen's Blog. I've had it on my "list to make" for a while now but hadn't gotten around to making it. Well we finally had this for dinner last night and I thought it was fabulous; a very quick but delicious week night meal. My husband liked it too. Thanks Mary Ellen!
Pepper Steak over Rice
- 1 pound lean steak sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 green pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow onion cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 package dry gravy mix, mixed with 1 c cold water
- Marinate your steak in the soy sauce and Worcestershire for a few hours. If you don't have time to marinate, just add these sauces when cooking.
- Add steak to a hot saute pan. Cook about halfway draining some of the excess fat.
- Add the garlic (pressed), red and green peppers, onions, and red pepper flakes. Cover and let cook for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the gravy, stir, cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.
This dinner takes about 25 minutes to cook, about 35 minutes including prep time.