Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lady and Sons


Well I can't think of anyone more similar to my grandma (Nana) than Paula Deen. Full of spunk, laughter, and the know how to create some delicious southern eats. This is why on our trip to Savannah, GA in April I told my husband we absolutely had to eat at Paula's Lady and Sons restaurant. I didn't care if we had to wait for hours, we were going to eat there.
Luckily we didn't have to wait for hours and we did get to go! It was everything I thought it would be. Warm, welcoming, and the food was fabulous! Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cheese biscuits, greens, corn casserole, peach cobbler and anything else traditionally southern and fattening was on the buffet. They also had a salad bar which I passed up. : )
But I didn't just take away a couple extra pounds from Lady and Sons. After reading about Paula Deen, I thought about what the restaurant must represent for her. She has become hugely successful, starting out with a small, home-based business doing what she loved to do. Her story reminded me of the strength of good southern ladies! It certainly makes me think of my Nana.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Ah, the cooking Graceland... someday I wanna visit Paula's restaurant too! :)

Michelle said...

I'm so happy you started a blog!! I can't wait to read more :)