Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Better than the box!


We had no sweets in the house tonight so I decided I had to bake. Well my go to dessert is brownies. I admit, I have always been a boxed brownie kinda girl. That is, until I discovered this recipe. I will never go back to the box!

Chewy Cocoa Brownies
(recommended by nestie Soon2BMrsN)


1 2/3 c. sugar
3/4 c. melted butter or margarine
2 tbsp. water
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
3/4 c. baking cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chopped nuts
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9 pan.

Combine sugar, butter, and water in large bowl.
Stir in eggs and vanilla.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt
in medium bowl. Stir flour mixture into sugar
mixture. Add nuts and chocolate chips. Spread into
prepared pan.

Bake for 18 to 25 minutes, or until wooden pick
inserted comes out slightly sticky.
Makes 12 servings.


*I prefer my brownies without nuts so I ommit those.
Also, I was out of chocolate chips so I didn't add
those either. It's a great basic brownie recipe even
without those two ingredients.








4 comments:

~Amber~ said...

Yum, I haven't had brownies in such a long time. I will have to save this recipe.

Oceania said...

I have been searching High and Low for a great brownie recipe,and I made this last night. I am a box made brownie, person and I have marked this a keeper. I really want to post this one on my blog, i hope it is okay?

Thank you much for the recipe, great blog.

Renea said...

Of course I don't mind if you post it! I'm glad you liked it :)

Oceania said...

Thank you I will be posting it today. really good